Thursday, September 3, 2009

blue splatters

Photoshop is quite possibly the greatest program installed on my desktop. Microsoft Word doesn't count... I need that one almost as much as I need food and water. But Photoshop... it's fun, it's creative, and it's one of the best ways available to procrastinate.

This is a photo I took during summer vacation (those two words make me nostalgic... sigh... school came too soon), when my dad, my brother, and I were using those packages of fireworks on the driveway. We had sparklers, so I set up my tripod and stuck my digital camera on it and set the shutter speed for about six seconds. Then I stood in front of it and made my brother press the button every once in a while as I waved some sparklers around. This is one of the better ones, but I edited it to make it weirder. The end result is some sort of hallucinogenic effect that I'm not sure I like. But I promised my work, and that showcasing starts now, with this photo.

I started the 1,000 word challenge today, but all I've got so far is 300 or so words that I wrote in school. Plus, the idea is something I came up with in English this morning off the top of my head, so I don't have high hopes for this story. Maybe I can just end it at 1k.

Hmm, I really have to do my homework. This started as homework (working on my title frame for animation class), but gradually became procrastination.

1 comment:

  1. Lol you have school. I'm going to my 8th grade orientation today, I don't start 'till the ninth. :D

    ReplyDelete